Canberra Hot Air Balloon Festival PhotoWALK
Join us as we capture the magic at the Canberra Hot Air Balloon Festival.
Join myself and my buddy Rob Potter as we head to Canberra for the Balloon Festival to capture that amazing sight of dozens of balloons taking off at the same time.
We’re meeting at 5:45am under the Commonwealth Avenue Bridge where Flynn Plc goes underneath the bridge. Parking in this area is limited, so it’s best to try and park a few blocks away and walk to this location.
Sunrise on Sunday 8th March
Some info for you.
• Balloons take between 15-30mins to inflate, depending on their size. Inflation usually commences at 6.15am with the majority of the balloons launched prior to 7.00am. The early bird catches the worm.
• Bring cash if you wish to purchase breakfast at the balloon field after the PhotoWALK.
• Bring along warm clothing for possible chilly Canberra mornings.
• Kings Edward Terrace will be closed from Parkes Place East to Parkes Place West from 5.45am to approximately 9.45am
• Parking in the Parliamentary Zone is the best option for those driving to the event.
• Standard ACTION bus timetables apply for the event. Visit www.action.act.gov.au for timetables and routes.
• All attendees should be aware that it is an offence under the National Land (Road Transport) Ordinance 2014 to park a vehicle on open space in the area where the Canberra Balloon Spectacular is being held. Open space is any area that is not designed for the movement or parking of motor vehicles, such as grassed areas, footpaths and landscaped areas. The National Capital Authority will be enforcing parking regulations for the duration of this event, and attendees should ensure they park legally to avoid the risk of an infringement being issued to their vehicle. Paid parking applies on business days from 8.30am.
Food and Drink
• The Belconnen Lions Club’s hot breakfast will be available for purchase at the event each morning.
• Hot beverages and Dutch pancakes will also be available for purchase.
What to bring
• Warm clothing for cool mornings
• ATM facilities will be available at the balloon field
Hot air ballooning is completely weather dependent and according to the official event website events may be delayed or cancelled if the conditions are unsafe for flying. A decision to delay activities or cancel them will only be made from 6.00am each morning. In the event they do not launch the balloons, the photoWALK will continue along the Lake for sunrise.